The cruiser class is made up of craft that adapt well to drying our moorings and shoal waters. Primarily of bilge keel yachts and multihulls, there are also centre-boarder and lee-board craft.
Cruiser Racing: Together with is held together with other clubs in the area as part of the Combined Clubs Series and Southend Interclub. The races include four local port to port events and racing in the estuary.
Cruising in company is also arranged throughout the season. Events range from tidal sailing, creek crawling, local coastal and foreign voyages.
Visit the events page to see what we have planned for this season. Keep an eye on the club notice board or visit the club on a Friday evening for details on tidal sailing over the weekend.
2021 Cruiser Race Dates
- Saturday 28th May - RNLI Charity Race (EYC), HW 12:18, HT 5.4
- Saturday 11th June - Harty Ferry (LSC), HW 10:25, HT 5.2
- Saturday 25th June - Upnor (IYC), HW 10:55, HT 5.1
- Saturday 9th July - Nore Race (BYC), HW 08:36, HT 5.0
- Saturday 6th August - Blackwater (EYC), HW 06:50, HT 5.0
- Sunday 4th September - InterClub HW 18:40, HT 5.2
- Saturday 24th September - Queenborough (BYC), HW 12:39, HT 5.4