The cruiser class is made up of craft that adapt well to drying moorings and shoal waters. Primarily they are bilge keel yachts and multihulls, there are also centre-boarder and lee-board craft.
Cruiser Racing: This takes place together with other clubs in the area as part of the Combined Clubs Series and Southend Interclub. The races include local port-to-port events and racing in the estuary.
Cruising in company is also arranged throughout the season. Events range from tidal sailing, creek crawling, local coastal and foreign voyages.
2023 Cruiser Race Dates
• 21/05/2023 Turnidge River Race (Inshore Points) High Water 13:53, Height 5.75m, Startline; LSC
• 03/06/2023 RNLI Race High Water 12:44, Height 5.45m
• 17/06/2023 Queenborough race High Water 12:56, Height 5.5m
• 01/07/2023 Harty Ferry race High Water 11:21, Height 5.33m
• 09/07/2023 Inshore Points High Water , Height 5.53m, Startline; EYC
• 15/07/2023 Upnor Race High Water 11:51, Height 5.21m
• 23/07/2023 Inshore Points High Water , Height 5.35m, Startline; EYC
• 29/07/2023 Blackwater race High Water 09:45, Height 4.92m
• 20/08/2023 Inshore Points High Water , Height 5.66m, Startline; EYC
• 03/09/2023 Inshore Points High Water , Height 6.13m, Startline; EYC
• 23/09/2023 Inter Club Race, Town Cup & Chamber of Trade Trophy High Water 18:35, Height 4.94m