Reluctantly we have decided that all remaining races scheduled for the Winter Series 2020 will be cancelled. 

We are still planning to run the Brass Monkey Trophy on New Years Day,  Further information will be posted when the situation post lockdown2 is clearer.

Steve Corbet

The club including the clubhouse, birdcage and racks are currently closed and are expected to remain closed until the end of lockdown. The racks can be visited only in case of emergency, eg to tie down boats for strong winds.

The committee have reviewed the recent government announcements and regretfully have to inform members that the club bar will be closed until December 4th.  This will be reviewed at that stage and in the case of any changes to government policy. The RYA website informs that they are awaiting details from DCMS (Department for Digital, Culture, Media & Sport) and Sport England. We will issue further information on boating once these details become available.

Due to the new government covid19 restrictions it will not be possible to hold the planned rack working parties. Many thanks to all of you who have participated so far, we have achieved a lot in a short space of time. When allowed more working parties will be arranged and the dates will be posted on the website and facebook.

Tim Wright


Working Parties East Rack Slipway:

24th & 25 October start time 9am

7th & 8th November start time 8.30am

21st & 22nd November start time 8.30am.

Please come in old clothes and bring wellies if you have them

Any changes to the above due to inclement weather will be posted on the website and Facebook.

It is important that we get good turnouts as there is a lot of heavy work to carry out.

Tim Wright


A reminder that the prom will NOT be available for parking on Saturday 17th October due to the cruiser lift out being carried out.  Also beware of works being carried out to lay a gas pipe along the Cinder Path to the EYC, access to racks should be possible but may need care.

Just a reminder that dinghy racing will continue to the end of the 2020 season as shown in the sailing programme – copy under sailing.  Still following the restricted wind and courses as set out in the Dinghy Racing Risk Assessment.  The changing rooms remain  closed with limited access to the toilets, can you change at home or by your car.

We have decided that so long as the COVID19 situation remains as at present we will run the Brass Monkey on New Years Day.  We will allow for a small number of visitors, the club will only be open in accordance with COVID regulations, so food and very limited drinks service.  As above changing facilities will not be available. 

I hope that as many of you as possible will continue to enjoy the rest of the 2020 sailing season.

We are planning for a full 2021 racing programme – subject to being able to return to some semblance of normality.

Stay well – Steve Corbet

Unfortunately, the high tides and winds last night have got the better of the slipway on the East Racks.
As the slipway is now in such a poor condition, we have now taken the decision to take it out of service for everyone's safety. I know that this may impact on the Cruiser haul out and we are working on alternative arrangements to get crews out to the cruisers.
We are also looking for volunteers for an emergency work party on Sunday 4th Oct to try and stabilise the remainder of the slipway. As usual it would be meet up at 8.30 at the club.
If you have any queries, please get in touch.
Steve Hill
Vice Commodore